- The City of Fontainebleau: Explore its history walking down the streets, discovering the Cavalry Quarter, City Theater, Saint Louis Church and the Hôtel de Ville, enjoy the local specialties displayed in the windows, and admire the Palace Gardens, which bring joy to the citizens of Fontainebleau (Visit lasts 1 h 30).
- Barbizon : Favorite village of the first landscape painters, predecessors of impressionism movement. Corot, Millet and Rousseau were joined here by the younger generation of artists: Monet, Bazille and Renoir. By 1875, over one-hundred artists were living in Barbizon.
1h30 - city tour + 30 min - Painters Trail in the forest
- Bourron Marlotte : Follow the artists’ footsteps: some houses have visitor`s information boards. During this enlightening path, you can appreciate the architectural heritage of the village with its sandstone walls and other small wonders (Visit lasts 1 h 30).
- Samois sur Seine : The village of Samois-sur-Seine has been developed thanks to the forest and river’s resources. The site made the most of the picturesque natural environment, the Seine banks, which is a nice place to live. The Harbor has been used to load the firewood and sandstone to deliver them from Fontainebleau to Paris (Visit lasts 1 h 30).
- Moret sur Loing : Alfred Sisley was seduced by the unusual character of this place, by its city gates, bridge, fortified walls, Dungeon. Numerous painters came here to set up their easels (Visit lasts 1 h 30).
Our guides work with Fontainebleau Tourisme to implement sanitary measures into the touristic activities in order to guarantee the required level of safety during the leisure time.
Thus, barrier gestures, social distancing and the wearing of masks will be required for the protection of everyone and the well-being of all.
EXTEND THE EXPERIENCE
Private Guided Tour in the Forest
Carriages in the Forest
1 english guide per 20 persons maximum: 205 € / guide.
Confort and services
Spoken languages :
- Guided tours
All year round.
Closed exceptionally on January 1st and December 25th.
Subject to favorable weather.