Due to current events, exceptional measures have been introduced to combat the spread of the coronavirus over the following days.
As from midday on Tuesday 17 March, the movement of people in France is restricted to journeys that are absolutely necessary, for a period of 15 days.
Only the following are allowed:
– travel between home and work when work cannot be done by teleworking;
– travel for basic necessities (food shopping, medicines, etc.);
– travel to help vulnerable people or for childcare purposes;
– travel for health reasons;
– brief outings close to the place of residence for non-collective physical exercise or a non-collective sporting activity.
All social interaction is temporarily banned and all public places, parks and gardens are currently closed to the public until 15 April 2020.
The Forest is closed
According to the prefectorial order of Thursday 19 March, any individual or collective sports practicing, such as hiking, running, bouldering, climbing, horse riding, biking and so on… are completely forbidden in the perimeter of the forest of Fontainebleau, until further notice.
The forest of Fontainebleau is a real paradise for lovers of nature and outdoors activities
At this particular period of time, we would like to continue to proclaim our love for one of the most beautiful forests in France ! Let’s take this time to connect with loved ones and prepare the next trip in the Pays de Fontainebleau. We invite your to discover the ideal place for all kinds of recreational activities with friends and family, the forest of Fontainebleau.